$89.00

Qty available: 22 SKU: ELA1

*Every Order comes backed with a 60 day buy back guarantee
when either the 3.5 or 5 gallon size is purchased.

Source of Silicon for Collagen Synthesis & Subchondral Bone & Joint Support


EQUINE LEG ARMOR contains nutrients, which support
the collagen health of all major joint components.

May be especially beneficial for horses suffering from the following conditions: 

  • Arthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease
  • Bone Chips/OCD
  • Bone Bruising
  • Bone Cysts
  • Bone Spavin
  • Bucked Shins
  • Calcium Deposits/Ringbone
  • Epiphysitis
  • Fractures
  • Navicular
  • Sesamoiditis
  • & More!

 


The role of collagen production in horses is often overlooked.  Many people know that bones are comprised of approximately 70% mineral (calcium, phosphorus, etc...) but did you know the other 30% is collagen?  Cartilage and other connective tissues within the joints are comprised of approximately 90% collagen by dry weight (removing water weight).

When horses are growing & developing, an element called silicon is highly abundant in the body and aids in collagen production for the initial formation of bones and connective tissues. But as the animal matures and ages, silicon becomes less prominent. As time goes on, this may compromise the flexibility and elasticity of the bones and also contribute to inadequate tissue production in and around the joints.

While most supplements focus strictly on pain relief, by reducing inflammation, EQUINE LEG ARMOR helps to support the collagen synthesis in all major joint components, which produces a more comprehensive approach to protecting bone & joint health.

Silicon (Sodium Zeolite A) has many benefits in the role of bone formation and collagen production. Studies have shown that the Sodium Zeolite A stimulates DNA synthesis in osteoblasts (bone building cells) and inhibited osteoclast (cells which breakdown bone)-mediated bone resorption. This is possibly attributable to the ortho-silicic acid-releasing property of Sodium Zeolite A.

What does this mean for you?  It quite simply means that the nutrients found in our product are proven to have a positive effect on cellular turnover and support rehabilitation from bone and joint related trauma.  Any time you can increase the activity of bone building cells and decrease the activity of bone resorbing (breakdown) cells, you are supporting a positive balance in the bone building process and producing a stronger, less sensitive bone.

Customers report improvements in various situations within the first 3-6 weeks and continue riding their horses under the most demanding conditions.

Feeding Instructions:

For horses in rehabilitation in need of additional nutrient support, feed 2 scoops, twice daily, for 1,000 to 1,200 lbs. of body weight.
For more moderate situations, feed 1 scoop, twice daily.
For proactive or maintenance, feed 1/2 scoop, twice daily.

For younger animals, feed 1/2 scoop daily per 300 lbs. of body weight.
*We recommend feeding 2 scoops twice daily to any horse rehabilitating from an injury for about 4-5 months before reducing the feed rate by half.

 1-Gallon Jar  2 oz per Serving  Approx ~ 60 Single Scoop Servings
 3.5-Gallon Bucket  2 oz per Serving  Approx ~ 210 Single Scoop Servings
 5-Gallon Bucket  2 oz per Serving  Approx ~300 Single Scoop Servings

 

Note:  Initial improvements are often seen in just 3-6 weeks.  Feed horses in rehabilitation 4 scoops daily for several months before cutting back to a general maintenance level. 

Guaranteed Analysis:  Per 2 scoops

Sodium Zeolite A                      8,000mg
Glucosamine                             5,000mg
Methylsulfonylmethane          5,000mg
Chondroitin                               2,000mg
Calcium (min)                           4.3%|
Calcium (max)                          5.0%
Phosphorous (min)                  2.2%
Phosphorous (max)                 2.6%
Magnesium                             1.0%
Manganese                               500 ppm
Copper                                      1,100 ppm
Zinc                                            2,200 ppm
Vitamin E                                   2,500 IU/lb
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)      500mg/100 g
Niacin                                        1,250mg/100 g
Biotin                                         2.0mg/100 g
L-Lysine                                     3,000mg/100g
L-Methionine                            1,500mg/100g
L-Threonine                              1,000mg/100g

 

Ingredients:  Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Sodium Zeolite A, Glucosamine HCl, Methylsulfonylmethane, Dry Molasses, Niacinamide, l-Lysine, Chondroitin Sulfate, dl-Methionine, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, l-Threonine, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin C, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Orange Flavoring

 

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)